Contraindications: Any cardiac surgery done within the past 4 months and/or any acute cardiac conditions (i.e., heart attack) within the past 1 month.
- Evaluation with a PT/PTA, $60 – Assess patient’s current exercise tolerance, check resting BP and HR, and check BP and HR with exercise.
- First 2 Weeks – Supine and sitting exercises with 5-15 minutes of cardio exercise). ($30 – supervised by an aide – O2 sat, HR, and BP taken)
- Weeks 3-4 – Decrease supine exercises/stretches to 5-10 minutes. Increase standing exercises and progress cardio exercise to 15-25 minutes. ($30 – supervised by an aide – O2 sat, HR, and BP taken)
- Weeks 5-6 – Continue with 5-10 minutes of stretching/strengthening exercises and progress cardio exercise to 20-45 minutes of varying cardiovascular activities (bike, TM, cardio-glide, agility, etc.) ($30 – supervised by an aide – O2 sat, HR, and BP taken)
- Follow-up with PT/PTA – as needed, to decrease or increase rate of progression. ($60)
*Clients who are aging and noticing a generalized decrease in their strength and energy level.
- Evaluation with a PT/PTA $60 – Assess patient’s O2 sat, HR, BP, UE/LE strength, and current fitness level. If the patient is physically able, we will evaluate his/her walking tolerance on the TM or outdoors.
- First 2 Weeks – Focus on generalized and controlled strengthening exercises. ($30 – supervised by an aide).
- Weeks 3-4 – Progress weight and repetitions of general strengthening program and add cardiovascular exercise training (ie. walking, bicycling). ($30 – supervised by an aide)
- Weeks 5-6 – Eliminate all seated exercises and progress exercises to work different muscle groups, while adding weight to previous exercises ($30 – supervised by an aide). Follow-up with PTA to re-assess strength and walking tolerance at the end of week 6 ($60).
*Clients who need to Manage Osteoporosis Program.
- Evaluation by a PT/PTA to assess patient’s general strength level, note any other medical conditions, distinguish between any possible structural or functional scoliosis or kypohtoic postural deficits, and develop a exercise program/routine. ($60)
- Weeks 1-3 – Patient will run through a 45-60 minute exercise program to address any postural deficits they are acquiring and begin a weight bearing exercises, as tolerated. ($30 with supervision by an aide)
* Clients who require further core strengthening and would like a Pilates-based Stabilization Program.
- Evaluation and development of a progressive Pilates based core stabilization program ($30/visit).
* Clients who demonstrate progressive worsening of their posture and would like to partake in a Posture Re-education Program.
- Evaluation by a PT/PTA to assess patient’s postural deficits, determine whether the patient demonstrates signs of functional or structural deficits, assess general strength level, note any other medical conditions, and develop an appropriate exercise program/routine. ($60)
- Weeks 1-3 – Patient will run through a series of individualized strengthening and stretching exercises aimed to address any postural deficits they have acquired and which may be progressing. ($30 with supervision by an aide)
*Sessions which include a PT/PTA will involve evaluation and treatment by the therapist for 30 minutes and a physical therapist aide for the remainder of his/her session.
**All exercise and weight progression will be initiated and/or approved by the PT or PTA only.